Tuesday 29 December 2009

A little bit of something non-medical.

This is somewhat overdue but made me smile when I saw it. The evening before I started my course at medical school (That's right- the night before, my first class took place at 8am the next day) I sang in Handel's Messiah at the BBC proms with a choir I am very proud to be a part of - the RSCM Millennium Youth Choir.

In the audience for this event was one mister Stephen Fry and in the only review that mattered to us that evening posted on his twitter page "
Just emerged from triumphant prom Messiah at the RAH. Fabulous young chorus, wonderful. Walking on air"

This was pride enough but even better was a few weeks later when another tweeter (morganritchie) made a drawing several of Stephen's tweets including this one from the 6th September 2009)


You too can follow stephenfry on twitter or visit his website at http://www.stephenfry.com/. Not a bad way to start a medical career methinks - it certainly gave a few talking points for the first week.

The Millennium Youth Choir will next be meeting in February to sing for the Archbishop of Canterbury at Lambeth Palace and then at Easter in Sussex to sing a number of events and record choral evensong for BBC radio at Arundel Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment