Friday 18 June 2010

All done now :-)

Blink and you miss it - year one of med school is done and dusted.

This was how OSCEs worked out for me

Day 1
1. Anatomy - male reproductive system (questions included- how would you insert a male catheter?- errrrr.....gently? )
2. ECGs (getting better at these - they were double-dutch for a while)
3. Medical research/statistics presentation
4. Anatomy - Knee joint
5. Breast examination (Male examiner: 'Talk to me as if I'm the patient'!)
6. Cardio Examination
7. Infection control (oh yes- it's the hand washing station!)

Day 2 was more of a breeze

1. Anatomy - shoulder joint (I knew something was up when the anatomy professor opened the door before I got to it and said 'Hello- you'll be having me in a minute', closed the door again and left me to quiver in my boots until the bell rang to enter)
2. General exam (yipee!)
3. History taking (yipee!)

Still have to wait a few weeks for results but fingers crossed

Getting used to freedom again- went for a sunny relaxing walk in a country park yesterday - aah :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment