Tuesday 21 December 2010

Watching and Waiting

The wait is nearly over - tomorrow is results day and if all goes well I can come back in January to clinical phase and be a student doctor walking around the hospitals.

However, as well as hoping for good results, I (and every other medical student hoping to make it home after results for a family christmas) am at the mercy of the weather gods. Much of Britain's transport network has been brought to a stand-still by the wintry weather and more is due on the way.

I'm quite lucky in that I only need a 1-2 hour interval in which to get home and have a choice of routes by which to get there. If things get very desperate I could start walking from results tomorrow and still make it to my house before Santa.

Hopefully it won't come to that though, lets hope the weather gods and the exam board are both in a charitable mood this holiday season!


Photo (c) Island Transport Solutions (a.k.a. Dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment